Tec 40 Diver
Tec 40 Go Deeper
The Tec 40 course is the entry point into the technical range providing a transition from recreational to technical diving. In Dive Aqaba the use of a full tec rig is preferred with double tanks and wings. But a diver can use their own recreational gear modified accordingly with two seperate regulators, one of which must be on a long hose or also in sidemount configuration. See Tec Sidemount Diver. Course duration 2-3 days.
- PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent
- PADI Enriched Air Diver or equivalent
- PADI Deep Diver or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives with at least 10 dives using Enriched Air Nitrox to depths greather than 18m.
- Be 18 years old and have a fit to dive medical signed by a physician.
You will learn to:
- Conduct decompression dives using technical equipment, modified recreational equipment, or sidemount rigged
- Practice motor skills required for decompression diving
- Understand the risks and hazards invloved with decompression diving
- Reasonably respond to forseeable emergencies that may occur in decompression diving
- Dive to 40m depth with up to 10 minutes of non-accelerated decompression while breathing up to EANx50